, its subdomains and other affiliated websites (collectively referred to as the “Sites”). This Policy is relevant to the Sites, applications, products, and services (together known as “Services”) where it's mentioned, linked, or cited.
1. Data We Collect
We acquire data about you through various methods.
Direct Information. The data you provide us may include:
- Personal information like your first and last name, username, title, birth date, and gender.
- Contact details including your address, email, phone number, and personal website.
- Account details such as your username, password, interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Social profiles including your Twitter, Instagram, Github, Gitlab, Mailchain, Reddit, Telegram, Discord, Slack and Facebook account details.
- Feedback and communication data, including survey responses, market research participation, service issues, customer support interactions, and other correspondence with us.
- Financial specifics like credit card or payment details.
- Transactional records such as purchase details via the Service and associated billing records.
- Service usage patterns and your interactions with us.
- Marketing preferences including your choices for marketing communications and your engagement with them.
- Financial specifics such as bank details, assets, and related holdings.
- Technical details including your blockchain wallet address, API key and blockchain interaction information.
External Sources. We might receive data about you from third-party sources and combine this with the data obtained from your use of the Services. This includes:
Automated Collection. We might automatically capture specific data related to your Site usage (referred to as “Log Data”). This could encompass:
- Details like IP address, device/browser type, operating system, web pages or features visited, time spent, usage frequency, search queries, clicked links, and other related stats.
- This data helps us enhance our Services by expanding features, functionality and customizing them to suit user preferences.
- We might employ technologies such as cookies or local storage to track trends, oversee the Sites, understand user navigation patterns, and collect demographic insights about our audience. You can manage cookies and local storage via browser settings. More details are available in the “Cookies” section.
- We might use Google Analytics to refine the user experience. To understand how Google Analytics processes your data, visit Google Analytics.
Control of Tracking Technologies:
- Standard cookies can typically be disabled or removed using most browser tools. More details are in the “Cookies” section.
- Google Analytics Opt-out: To prevent Google Analytics from collecting information on all websites, visit Google Analytics Opt-out and download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
What Exactly is a Cookie?
A cookie (“Cookie”) is a diminutive text file that web pages store on your hard drive. These cookies can be read by the web server in the domain that placed the cookie on your device. Depending on your interactions and preferences on our site, some cookies will be used more than others. For a comprehensive list and understanding of each cookie we use, refer to our current cookie list below. Since this list is updated from time to time, some new cookies might not be listed immediately. Additionally, to enhance our user experience, we might use web beacons, tags, and scripts on our Sites or in emails to help in delivering cookies, counting site visits, understanding the efficacy of campaigns, and determining if an email has been accessed and responded to. We might receive summarized reports based on these technologies from our service/analytics providers.
The Purpose Behind Using Cookies
Our primary reasons for using cookies include:
- Recognizing both new and returning visitors.
- Storing authentication details for registered users.
- Enhancing our Sites and understanding user interactions on our platforms.
- Delivering interest-based or target-specific advertising.
- Observing user behaviors across multiple websites or platforms.
- Understanding the preferences and interests of our users.
For specific functionalities on our Sites, some Cookies are essential. For instance, these Cookies allow us to operate our Sites, recognize logged-in users, and remember user activities during a browsing session.
Apart from these, we use functional Cookies and third-party Cookies for analysis and marketing. While functional Cookies ensure smooth site functionality, analysis Cookies help in understanding user preferences, popular content, and the performance of our advertisements. Advertising Cookies aid in delivering pertinent advertisements and enhancing our visibility in search results. Cookies can be either “session” or “persistent”. More details can be found in our Cookie Disclosure table below.Disabling Cookies
You can typically enable or disable cookies using features in your browser. However, if you choose to disable cookies, be aware that certain sections of the Sites might not be accessible or may not operate as intended. To understand more about cookies or control, disable, or delete them, visit https://allaboutcookies.org/
. Some third-party networks, including Google, allow users to adjust browsing preferences. Learn about Google's features here
For controlling flash cookies, sometimes used on our Sites, visit this link
. Flash cookies differ and can't be managed via browser settings. Remember, disabling Cookies might limit some Site functionalities and prevent us from offering tailored content and ads.
We might link information from Cookies with other information pursuant to this Policy. Third parties serving cookies might also link your data with their records. If you're in the European Economic Area, refer to the “Notice to EU Residents” section for your rights.Safety Reminder: We will never request your private keys or wallet seed. Always be skeptical of requests for such sensitive information and never provide them to anyone or any website.
3. Use of Personal Information
For service delivery. We utilize your personal information to:
- Facilitate your access and utilization of our Services.
- Deliver and fulfill any products or services you might request.
- Execute transactions, and share relevant details with you, like confirmation of purchases and invoices.
- Convey vital information such as confirmations, technical advisories, updates, security warnings, as well as administrative notifications.
In adherence to legal requirements. Your details are employed in a manner that is believed to be essential and fitting to conform to laws in place (including standards like anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) protocols), and other lawful requests or legal processes, for instance, in responding to government authority subpoenas.
For communication purposes. We deploy your details to inform you about special deals and forthcoming events and to update you on offerings by us and our vetted partners.
To enhance our services. We aim to amplify your user journey by employing your personal information to manage, maintain, and refine our Services. Additionally, your details help us address any feedback or queries you have about our Services and let us deliver premier customer service to all users.
Upon your approval. With your explicit consent, we might deploy or disseminate your details. Examples include when you grant us permission to showcase your testimonials on our Sites, direct us to perform specific actions concerning your details, or when you subscribe to marketing communications from third parties.
To safeguard and prevent fraudulent actions. Your personal information assists us in ensuring our platform's integrity, conducting investigations, and guarding against any illicit, unauthorized, or fraudulent activities.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We prioritize the confidentiality of your personal information and do not share it with other entities unless explicitly permitted by you, with the exceptions noted in this Policy. Circumstances under which we might disclose your personal information include:
- Affiliated Entities: Your personal information may be shared with our subsidiary companies and associated corporate entities. This aligns with the practices laid out in this Policy.
- Business Transactions: In the event of a potential or actual business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, sale, or other asset transfer, your personal information may be shared or transferred as part of the proceedings.
- Legal Compliance & Safety: Under certain circumstances, we might disclose personal information:
- To adhere to legal requirements, encompassing KYC and AML regulations.
- In response to valid legal processes or requests.
- To safeguard our company's rights, property, and agreements, as well as the safety and security of our stakeholders, including our customers and employees.
- During emergencies where the safety of individuals, including our employees and agents, is at risk.
- Consultants & Service Partners: There are instances where we might share your details with partners and individuals who perform tasks on our behalf. This could include third-party entities handling payment processing, customer service, hosting, email management, and other essential services. Additionally, professionals like lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers might also be given access to specific information as needed.
- Per Your Consent: At your discretion, we may be allowed to disclose your personal information to other organizations or parties. The usage of this information by such parties will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
- Generalized Data: We may share data that are aggregated or anonymized, ensuring personal identifiers are removed, with third parties for various purposes, including research or marketing.
Note: Your privacy is our utmost concern, and we strive to make responsible decisions with the trust you place in us.
5. Personal Information Transfers
The Company collaborates with affiliates and service providers both in Switzerland and abroad. Consequently, your personal information might be moved to or received from Switzerland or other regions outside your local state, province, or nation. It's important to note that the privacy regulations in these areas might not offer the same level of protection as in your home jurisdiction.
6. Protecting Your Information
There might be situations where we anonymize your personal details, rendering it impossible to tie back to you. In such instances, we may retain and use this anonymized information without further notifying you.
We adopt standard industry practices to safeguard the information shared via the Services. Nonetheless, no internet-transmitted information can be guaranteed 100% secure. We don't hold responsibility for any interception or interruption of communications over the internet or for any data alterations or losses. Service users are tasked with ensuring the security of passwords, biometrics, user IDs, or other authentication methods used to access any password-secured or private sections of our digital offerings. To ensure your safety and the security of your data, we may temporarily halt your access to any Services, without prior notice, if we suspect a security breach.
7. Age Requirements
If you haven't reached the age of majority in your residing jurisdiction, you should only access the Services with the approval or oversight of a parent or legal guardian. In line with the stipulations of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information without confirmed consent from their parent, we will use such information solely to notify the child (or their parent or guardian) that the Sites are not available for their use. Following this, we will promptly erase that information.
8. Marketing Communications and Disclosures
If you'd rather we didn't use your contact details for sending updates about our services, promotions, surveys, or special events, you can express your preference by reaching out to us through the provided contact details. Also, an unsubscribe option is available at the end of any promotional emails we send, allowing you to opt-out with ease.
It's essential to note, however, that irrespective of your communication preferences, we might still need to send you specific emails as mandated by the law. For instance, operational emails concerning our ongoing relationship, transactional notifications, or critical service updates (like notices about scheduled maintenance) cannot be opted out of.
Additionally, for those who've installed our mobile app and activated push notifications, you may receive timely alerts or updates about our Services. While you have the flexibility to turn most of these notifications off, there are vital alerts, like those for verifying your identity, which remain mandatory.
9. Links to External Sites
Our Policy doesn't cover the privacy practices of third-party entities, even if our Sites provide links to them. Including a link on our Sites doesn't signify our endorsement or approval of their privacy practices. Always exercise caution and check third-party sites' privacy policies.
10. Related Websites
For Sites that we might link to, which showcase our brand alongside another brand, our Privacy Notice is not applicable. We recommend users visit those sites to acquaint themselves with their specific privacy terms.
11. Policy Updates
We reserve the right to revise this Policy when necessary. For the most current understanding of how we manage your data, regularly check this section. Any time there's a change, the "Last Updated" date at the top will reflect this.
Should we make adjustments to the Policy, it will become effective as of the date it's posted on our Sites or when we implement the changes. Always, your ongoing use of our Sites or Services after any update signifies your agreement with the revised Policy terms.
12. Data Protection Officer
We've designated a Data Protection Officer who possesses extensive expertise and a deep understanding of data protection regulations and best practices. This officer is entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring our consistent adherence to data protection norms.
If you have any concerns or queries related to data protection, you can reach out to our Data Protection Officer. Please send your written communication, either by email or postal mail, to our contact details under “Contact Us”.
13. Notice to California Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users from California are granted the following consumer rights notice: If you're a resident of California, you can contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 or by phone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
This segment further elaborates on the personal information we gather about California consumers and the privileges they have under the California Consumer Privacy Act, commonly known as “CCPA.”
For an in-depth understanding of the personal information we obtain, please refer to the “Data We Collect” section previously mentioned. We utilize this data for the business and commercial reasons outlined in the “Use of Personal Information” segment. The types of third parties with whom we share this information can be found in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section. It's important to note that the Company does not sell personal information as defined by the CCPA. For information about the third-party cookies we might use, refer to the “Cookies” section.
Under the CCPA, California consumers have specific rights. This includes the right to request more details about the data we gather, the right to delete personal information, the right to opt out of any potential “sales”, and the right against discrimination for exercising these rights.
California residents can exercise their CCPA rights by reaching out to us to our contact details under “Contact Us”. Please be aware that before we can respond to your request, we need to verify your identity. This might require the provision of government-issued identification. If you wish to appoint an authorized representative to act on your behalf, you'll need to provide a valid power of attorney, your valid government-issued ID, and your representative's valid government-issued ID.
14. Notice to EU Residents
Personal Information Definition. For citizens of the European Union, the term "personal information" in this Policy is synonymous with "personal data" as outlined in the European Union General Data Protection Regulation
Sensitive Information. Certain details you share with us might fall under the GDPR's definition of sensitive data (or special categories of personal information), such as racial or ethnic identifiers on government documents.
Grounds for Data Processing. Your personal information is only processed as allowed by legal standards. We need to highlight the legal reasons for processing your personal information, which is illustrated below:
- Processing Intent. Legal Justification.
- To deliver our service. Processing is essential to uphold the contract for our Service provision or to manage steps at your request before Service enrolment.
- For communication, platform optimization, compliance, fraud prevention and safety. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interests. We ensure that we weigh the potential effects on you and your rights. Your personal information isn't processed for tasks where negative impacts on you outweigh our interests unless we've secured your consent or are legally mandated.
- Legal adherence. Your personal information is processed in line with relevant legal directives and obligations, such as anti-money laundering laws and customer identification mandates.
- With your approval. When our personal information uses hinges on your consent, you can retract this anytime via the Service or by sending your request to our contact details under “Contact Us”.
Processing for New Reasons. There may be instances where we utilize your personal information for reasons not outlined in this Policy, but only when legally permissible and when the new purpose aligns with the original intent. If we require your personal information for unrelated purposes, we'll reach out and clarify the legal grounds. If our use is grounded in your consent, we'll obtain your consent for this new purpose.
Your GDPR Rights. The GDPR grants you specific rights concerning your personal information:
- Opt-out: Revoke consent for previously approved marketing communications. We might still send non-marketing, Service-specific messages.
- Access: Acquire details on how we process your personal information and gain access to it.
- Correct: Rectify inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete: Remove your personal information.
- Transfer: Send a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or another entity.
- Restrict: Limit our processing of your personal information.
- Object: Dispute our use of your personal information based on our legitimate interests.
To action these rights, send your request to our contact details under “Contact Us”. We may need additional details to verify your identity and facilitate your request. If the law allows or requires us to reject your request, we'll explain why. Should you have grievances about our personal information handling or our response, send your request to our contact details under “Contact Us” or engage with your local data protection authority. Locate your data protection authority here
Transferring Data Internationally. Be informed that your personal information will be moved, handled, and stored in Switzerland, EEA, the United States or other countries where data protection standards might differ from your residing nation. By using our Sites or services, you're consenting to this data transfer.
When we transfer data from the EEA to the U.S. or other regions not deemed by the European Commission to offer adequate data protection, the transfer is grounded on mechanisms approved by the European Commission for safeguarding personal information.
15. Contact Us
PK Lab AG